EuroDebt Client Charter
Your financial and personal well being is very important to us and we set very high standards of professional conduct to ensure that our many thousands of clients get the best possible service from EuroDebt.
Our Client Charter sets out our commitment to you - Click here to download the full PDF version. If you have a complaint about EuroDebt or one of its Regional Advisors then we have a clear Complaint Procedure.
Thank You for choosing Us to help You resolve Your financial problems. As part of Our commitment to serving You, We promise:
- to act in Your best interests, offer all-round debt advice based upon Your circumstances at any point in time and to be transparent and fair in all of Our dealings with You. We will discuss the full range of options available to You, including the benefits and risks of each option that You qualify for and take account of any future changes in circumstances
- to provide You, on request and free of charge, with a copy of Our Code of Practice. We are a member of the Debt Managers Standards Association (DEMSA) and subscribe to the DEMSA Code of Conduct which can be found at www.demsa.co.uk/code-of-conduct
- to comply with all applicable law
- to comply with the Office of Fair Trading’s (OFT) Debt Management Guidance as amended from time to time
- to ensure that Our relevant employees are fully trained to provide the service You deserve and that they are aware of and comply with; Our Code of Practice, DEMSA’s Code of Conduct and the most up-to-date OFT Debt Management Guidance Notes
- to ensure that Our relevant employees are fully trained to deal with vulnerable clients
- to keep You informed of the outcome of negotiations with Your Creditors and of any significant developments thereafter where a plan has been agreed
- to tell You the balance owed (or if an accurate figure is not known the best estimate), the period of payment needed to clear Your debts, the fees payable to Us and to provide You with a statement of payments made to Creditors on Your behalf
- to provide You with access to a current statement of Your position at least monthly, once You are on a plan with Us
- to keep the money You pay to Us, other than Your initial Instruction Fee, Review Fees, any Add On Fees, Final Settlement Fees or any Failed Payment Charges, in a separate Client Account and to pay it to Your Creditors within five working days of clearance or in sufficient time to ensure that payment is made by the agreed Single Payment Plan date or a date agreed following legal action
- to review Your plan at least annually or whenever there is a material change in Your financial position or one of Your Creditors requests a review. If after the review of Your circumstances it becomes apparent that an alternative debt solution (e.g. an Individual Voluntary Arrangement or Bankruptcy) may be in Your best interests then any fees associated with switching debt solution will be fully explained in accordance with the OFT Debt Management Guidance
- in the event that You withdraw from the plan, to refund to You any money intended for Your Creditors which has not already been disbursed by Us and inform Your Creditors within seven days that We are no longer acting for You
- to return copy documentation to You at the end of Your plan should You so require
- to deal with any complaint in accordance with Our written complaints procedure, a copy of which is contained in this Terms of Business document or is available online at www.moneysavesolutions.com
- to co-operate with local consumer advisors or anyone appointed by You to act on Your behalf with Your written authority
- to disclose, on request, Our licensed business introducers or service partners (e.g. Insolvency Practitioners), including any commissions or fees payable to or from them. We will always seek Your informed consent when You or Your personal data is transferred to or from a third party or one of Our associated companies
If you have a complaint
We are committed to providing debt solutions of the highest quality and We take any complaint about Our service
very seriously. If You feel that We haven't lived up to Your expectations in any way, We would like to know so that
We can promptly address Your concerns. We are dedicated to reaching an equitable solution and a speedy redress
to any material complaint. We shall address all complaints using Our absolute discretion to determine the admissibility
of the complaint and any action to be taken.
We have written Complaints Procedures. To voice Your concerns, please follow Our 4 step procedure below.
Step 1 – Let Your usual point of contact knowInform Us of Your concern and how You think it could be resolved by:
1. Calling Your Personal Case Manager on 0845 36 26 131 Monday to Friday 8.30am to 9pm and Saturday 9am to 3pm;
2. Writing to:
Client Services Manager
Pentagon (UK) Ltd.
7 Franklin Court
Priory Business Park
Bedford MK44 3JZ
3. Contacting your Regional Advisor, if you have recently had a home visit.
We'll do all We can to resolve Your complaint by the end of the next business day. If We can't do this, We'll write to
You within five (5) working days to tell You what We've done to resolve the problem, or acknowledge Your
complaint and let You know when You can expect a full response. We'll also let You know the name and contact
details of the person or team dealing with Your case.
Step 2 - Follow up
To follow up Your complaint with Our Complaints Management team You can:
- (i) Ask the person You raised Your complaint with to refer the matter to them; OR
- (ii) Write to the Complaints Officer at the address above
Step 3 – DEMSA Independent Redress Procedure
We are a member of the Debt Managers Standards Association (DEMSA) and subscribe to DEMSA's Code of Conduct,
which can be found at www.demsa.co.uk/code-of-conduct. If You are not satisfied with Our final response and Your
complaint relates to a breach of the DEMSA Code of Conduct then You should inform DEMSA in writing. DEMSA is
committed to providing a fair and independent procedure for dealing with complaints against its members.
The Code Administrator
West Point, Westland Square
Leeds LS11 5SS
The Code Administrator will acknowledge Your complaint within five (5) working days and issue their final written
findings within twenty five (25) working days after consulting with Us. If You do not accept their findings then You
will be made aware of Your right to access the Financial Ombudsman Service.
Step 4 – Financial Ombudsman ServiceIf We haven't issued Our 'final response' within eight weeks from the date You first raised Your complaint, or if You
remain dissatisfied with Our response, You can ask the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) for an independent
review. FOS will only consider Your complaint once You've tried to resolve it with Us, so please take up Your
concerns with Us first and We'll do all We can to help. You have to register a complaint with FOS within six (6)
months of raising Your original concern with Us.
Financial Ombudsman Service
South Quay Plaza
183 Marsh Wall
London E14 9SR
Telephone: 0845 080 1800